The Land Court and the Land Appeal Court are constituted under the Land Court Act 2000 and provide a mechanism for the resolution of disputes concerning land-related matters.
The full-time Members of the Court are:
- CAC MacDonald, BA, LLB, LLM (President) Biography
- PA Smith, BA, LLB (Member) Biography
- WL Cochrane, BAB, MSc, BEc, BEd (Member) Biography
- WA Isdale, LLB, MPubAdmin (Member) Biography
The part-time Member of the Court is MD Evans, LLB (Hons).
Land Court Members preside over hearings of matters within the jurisdiction of the Land Court.
There is one Judicial Registrar:
- BR O'Connor, LLB, LLM Biography
The Judicial Registrar primarily deals with the Court's alternative dispute resolution processes and decisions that can be determined on the papers.
The Land Appeal Court hears appeals from the Land Court and the Aboriginal Land Tribunal. Two Land Court Members and a Judge of the Supreme Court constitute the Land Appeal Court.
The Supreme Court Judges who currently act as members of the Land Appeal Court are as follows:
- The Honourable Justice PJ Lyons (Southern District)
- The Honourable Justice DVC McMeekin (Central District)
- The Honourable Justice DOJ North (Northern District)
- The Honourable Justice JD Henry (Far Northern District)
Last updated September 14, 2012